Ministry Of Health
Istanbul Haydarpaşa
Numune Training and Research Hospital

History


Tarihce.png
ayrac.jpg

According to Farabi; The basic quantity of the human virtue is related to the health and well-being of the brethren. If this person is not the subject of the decision, man's reputation in the world, ahretti makes the heaven ', in the words of human health is always the foreground from daily history to the day and the value given to health reflected in architecture. Thus hospitals became indispensable architectural works of countries as much as daily. From the Ottoman sultans II. The sensitive personality of Sultan Abdülhamid Han to the hospitals was instrumental in the disposal of the foundation of this day's Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital in the 1800's. 1827 in the name of Tibhane on Wednesday, March 14 in Şehzadebaşı'da Tulumcari was opened. The Sufi Sultan II. Mahmoud is. The school provided training only in French, without any exercises. After 1834, the surgeon's house was opened in Topkapı Palace. Education continues as a nazari. In 1839, the two schools were merged and today, Galatasaray Lisesiininin binasada II. It was opened by Sultan Abdülhamid as Mekteb-i Hıbbiye and the best conditions of time were provided by awarding the students the marks of superiority by Sultan Mahmut. After this period, the 239 students who were educated and theoretically continued and the university that gave 67 graduates in 1843 were deemed to be inadequate and the duration of education was increased to 9 years and the Medicine Idea was established. In 1873, in a part of Military Medicine, Mülki Tıbbiye continued with Turkish education and the training period was reduced to 6 years again. In the following years, military and civilian medicine continued education in different buildings. In 1903, Medicine-i Shahane moved to Haydarpaşa where the present Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital is located.

Haydarpaşa Tıbbiyesi, İstanbul As a branch of Dar-ul Fünun (İstanbul Medical), the first rector (chief physician) operator Cemil Paşa is a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology Op. Dr. Besim Ömer Pasha, Ear Nose Throat Op. Dr. Ziya Nuri Pasha, Internal Medicine and Treatment Chief Uz. Dr. Akil Muhtar Bey, Medical Lawyer Vasfi Bey, Anatomy Vice President Uz. Dr. Nurettin Ali Bey, Uz. Dr. Neşet Ömer Bey (Inside), Uz. Dr. Süreyya Ali Bey (Internal Medicine) continued his education with his staff.

Then II. Sultan Abdulhamid ordered to Serasker Riza Pasha to move the school in the center of the city of Demirkapi from time to time causing the student revolts to oversea, and Emir Hassa Architect was informed to Monsieur Valery, plans were prepared and between the Selimiye Kışlası and Haydarpaşa Military Hospital 24.000 m2 of land was considered by the architects Valery and Mösyö D'Aranco, who planned to look at the Marmara Sea, to the finest detail with the contribution of officers graduated from Plan Engineering, and the construction started in 1894.

It was noted that the building was very grand, and the exterior facades were made of two colored herpetite stones. The iron lumber was from Belgium, the lime used for mortar was brought from Marseilles. The sea side of the building is 4 storeys, the first floor is tentative, the second is the dining hall, the third is the classroom and the fourth floor is the dormitory. Toilets were added to the building with a separate extension. The large corridors with high ceilings, 50 large and 10 small reading rooms, 400 m2 mosque, magnificent iron stairs placed at the entrance of Çamlıca, 2 hour tower, large courtyard in the middle of the building, a beautiful garden settled by Selimiye Kışlası, Birthday "on November 6, 1903 Friday, the day of the ceremony entered the service.

The Academy Pavilion, which is located at a distance of 75 meters from the building constructed as Mektebi Tıbbiye-i Şahane, is located on a 4500 sqm area and consists of single-storey pavilions, including the Physician's Office. The Center of Physicians in the Middle was planned with the same domed roof of the opposite building.

These pavilions built on the foundation of Sultan Selim and built by Mimar D'Aranco are still serving as Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital. Later, construction and control of the building was done by Rieder Pasha, Cemil Pasha Amphitheater was built and used as an operating room at the same time.

In 1904-1905 the water and air gas installation of the building was completed, and then Cemil Pasha built a heating installation with 30 thousand gold. However, for a few years the heating has not been fully operational and the service has continued for a while in the ward wards. By eliminating the deficiencies in 1909, Seririyat Pavilions started to work efficiently.

From 1903 to 1908, Military Medical Service, from 1908 to 1933, he served as Istanbul Medical Faculty. Later on, the Ministry of Education was transferred to the Ministry of Education, and the Hospital Department was transferred to the Ministry of Health. In 1934, 16 months of construction work was initiated and in 1936 Haydarpaşa Numune Hospital commenced operations as a 225-bedded ceremony. Other departments where x-ray, vital chemistry, eye, ear, bacteriology, anatomy, pathology and dental laboratories were made were opened in 19.07.1936. In 1936, the specialist physician staff of Haydarpaşa Numune Hospital consisted of the following names;

Head and Neck Disease Specialist and Laboratory Chief Dr. Kazim LAKAY


Specialist in Internal Diseases Dr. Teyfik SAĞLAM


Specialist of the Medicine of the Insects Op. Feridun Şeket EVRENSEL


Ear Nose Throat Specialist Op. Dr. Haydar İbrahim AYDAR


Dr. Hayati Kimya Laboratory Chief İbrahim Ethem ULAGAY


Skin and Venereal Diseases Specialist Nuri Osman EREN


X-ray Specialist Dr. Selahattin Mehmet ERK


Ophthalmologist Zihni ARIKUT


Dr. Marazi Ceramics Specialist Ihsan Sukru AKSEL


Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology Zeki TEKTAŞ


Child Specialist Sir Halil AKIRSOY


Urinary Tract Disease Specialist Fuat Hamit BAYER


Dental Doctor Hayrettin TAYLAN

On April 1, 1946, a nurse and laboratory worker were opened to the hospital and Esma SEA was appointed as headmistress. In 1949 he started to raise nurses and laborants by giving his first graduates.

In 1957 Op. Dr. Ali Riza TEZEL Baştabipliği assigned, in time physicians have done different names in the coming years baştabiplik our hospital. French poet Ronsard's "Do extent humanoid you realize that the ancestors of the hearts with the history of where you live and alive here." We're words to dedicate, who served up in our hospital at present 25 Başhekimi'ni and our employees yadda.

Our hospital has made many firsts in health service presentation. Turkey's first Reanimation Clinic in 1959. Dr. by cemalettin RECOMMENDATIONS has been established in our hospital, with 30 beds in 1964, the largest intensive care first gastric resection in ünitesidir.türkiye our hospital yapılmıştır.ilk certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon's breast prosthesis first silicon in çıkmıştır.1968 year from this hospital has been realized in our hospital. In our hospital, first renal transplantation was performed in 1991 (cadaver) with kidney transplantation. We have made a patient in the Emergency Department of the Ministry of Health hastanemizdedir.y liver transplantation teaching and research hospital in Istanbul.

Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital, which is continuing to serve as the Chief Physician of the Hospital Assoc. Dr. Eyüp Veli KÜÇÜK is.
 Our hospital is still operating with a capacity of 709 beds.
Our staff of our hospital Chief Executive, Director of Administrative and Financial Services, Health Care Services Director, five (5) Deputy Chief Physician and five (5) is composed of Deputy Director.
 There are 132 Associate Professors, Professors, Chiefs of Staff and Training Officers in our healthcare staff. There are also 184 specialist physicians, 302 assistant physicians and 702 other staff (nurses, midwives, technicians ...).
 University of Medical Sciences in 2016, as the Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, has started to provide service under the University Hospital.

Note: During the preparation of the history, our former chief physician, Sayın Uz. Dr. Müfit EKDAL's book "Numbers from Tibhâne" was used.